Recent Publications of Interest
Chigozie B Uwandu, S. Fyneface-Ogan, Longinus N. Ebirim. A Comparative Study of the Block Characteristics of Spinal Bupivacaine Alone and Spinal Bupivacaine with Dexmedetomidine for Lower Abdominal Surgeries.African Journal of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care.vol 16, No 1 (2016)
Edem, Bassey E., et al. "Safety of subarachnoid block for elective cesarean delivery in women with major degree placenta previa." Journal of Medicine in the Tropics 18.2 (2016): 68.
NSA Executives 2018 to 2020
Two WFSA sponsored Obstetric anaesthesia fellowships are now open for interested applicants. Please click here. the fellowship will be in Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria, Nigeria. REGISTRATION OPEN.
The WFSA Paediatric anesthesia fellowship is now open for applicants interested . Please click here for further information. REGISTRATION OPEN:
7th AAAC in Morocco
THE 7 POINT AGENDA OF THE 2018-2020 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ANAESTHETISTS.
1. To build on the achievements of previous leadership and past executive committees.
2. To strengthen NSA structures by a review of the constitution and bylaws in order to run an open door policy with prudence and accountability.
3. To increase the number of active membership of the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists by creating state and Zonal branches with representatives as well as officers along the geopolitical zones using Nigerian Medical Association's Structures.
4. Increase visibility of the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists both nationally and internationally by intensifying our participation in world Federation of Societies of Anaesthesia (WFSA) and G4 Alliance programs.
5. Increase collaborations with other surgical, obstetrics and gynaecological professional associations and Societies through membership of Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) National Executive Committee (NEC) and interactions with their specialty groups.
6. To support and encourage the training of physician Anaesthetists within the existing structures as well as creating new and innovative Anaesthesia programs by formation of subcommittees and subspecialty interest groups in line with (WFSA) subcommittee structures.
7. To intensify international collaborations and create liaisons between the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists and foreign Anaesthesia associations for establishment of training / fellowship opportunities for residents and fellows.
Dr Aderonke Adesiyan
Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists ( NSA)
Another successful NSA annual meeting ends with the appointment fo new leadership…….
New Anesthesia standard published by WHO / WFSA ..The latest version (May, 2018) was for the first time developed on behalf of both the WFSA and the World Health Organisation. The standards provide guidance and assistance to anaesthesia professionals, their professional societies, hospital and facility administrators, and governments for improving and maintaining the quality and safety of anaesthesia care.
Nigeria features in the latest WFSA newsletter Dec 2018….click here
Nigerian Anaesthesia departments receiving Airway supplies…
Dr Tapia and Prof Eguma have directed significant distribution of airway and anesthesia equipment to many parts of Nigeria. Thank you for such inspiring effort